Make a book or video recording the stories of one of your oldest relatives
Interview your elder
Record a video link or phone call. Send them questions beforehand and let them know what you are doing.
Use the questions below or make up your own:
- Start with when/where were you were born.
- Can you summarise the major events and turning points in your life from birth until now in 5 minutes?
- What was school like for you?
- What was life like for you when you were my age?
- What is your strongest memory from when you were a child?
- What has been your greatest adventure so far?
- What do you love to do or what did you love doing in the past
Make a book or video
A book or video is something that you can share with your family now and for generations to come.
Be as creative as you can.
Some inspiration in the above videos
Share it with the person you interviewed and your family, or post it online (ask for permission first).