Tasmanian Occupational Therapy Services were developed to meet the services needs of remote and regional Tasmania.
Located in Bicheno on Tasmania’s East Coast, Tas OT Services are an easy and accessible service to all East coast areas from Launceston to Hobart.
Occupational Therapy is a client-centred health profession concerned with promoting health and wellbeing through occupation. The primary goal of occupational therapy is to enable people to participate in the activities of everyday life.
Occupational therapists achieve this outcome by working with people and communities to enhance their ability to engage in the occupations they want to, need to, or are expected to do, or by modifying the occupation or the environment to better support their occupational engagement. (WFOT 2012)
Tasmanian Occupational Therapy Services work with an array of clients including but not limited to:
- NDIS participants
- Home care package recipients
- MAIB claimants
- Employees and Workplaces
Consultations and Interventions include but are not limited to:
- Workplace Rehabilitation
- Workplace and Ergonomic Assessments
- Task Analysis
- Functional Assessments
- Home assessments and modifications recommendations
- Assistive Technology and wheelchair scripting.
Tas OT Services will benefit you because of the following reasons:
- We are local
- We understand the locals including lifestyle choices and economic pressures.
- We know the environment and the implications of being remote.
- We understand the local industry and not only have experience in health, but also manufacturing, farming, fishing and most importantly tourism and hospitality.
- We are Occupational Therapists who have specialist’s skills in analysing a person’s injury or disability, the impact of their duties and their environment. We have the ability to implement solutions whether they are psychosocial therapy or adaptive equipment to assist in a persons optimal occupational performance
Contact Danyelle Briggs on 0419 179 907